Google’s smart-TV dongle and the Chromecast is a very versatile gadget that can be used to stream video content from the Internet through a wide variety of devices and sites to a big screen TV. It works just a little bit better if you’re living within Google’s ecosystem, just like Apple’s devices work better together.
How to Cast Videos From iPhone or iPad to Chromecast
- Make sure that your iOS device and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open an app such as Netflix or Youtube, which supports Chromecast.
- Load the video you want to cast.
- Tap the Cast button, a square with three curved lines like the Wi-Fi symbol coming out of the corner.
- If you only have a single Chromecast on the network, the video should start playing immediately. If not, you’ll see a list of available devices, and you’ll have to tap on the one you want to cast the video too.