Instagram is one of those mobile-first platforms that just don’t seem to care about the desktop. The app has a bare-bones Web view that only recently started letting people sign up for the service. Until then, people without smartphones had no way to sign up for Instagram.
How to Post to Instagram From Your Computer
- Download and install Gramblr on your PC and Mac.
- Open the app and create a Gramblr account. You will need to provide your Instagram username and password to sign up.
- The app will open a new tab or window in your browser and prompt you to select an image.
- Now, either click the big box and choose a file to upload or drag and drop an image or video.
- Click and drag on the image to crop it.
- Hit the green Save button.
- You can now apply filters or other effects and once done, hit the green Continue button.
- Now write a caption and add your hashtags.
- Below the image, you can type Instagram usernames to tag people as well.
- Click Send.
- Now the picture or video will be posted to your account. For videos, you can even select a cover image while uploading.