The iPad is so versatile that it can feel like a full-fledged laptop or desktop PC at times. On your iPad, you can split the screen to view numerous apps at once. Split View is one of the many Multitasking options available on the iPad.
iPadOS allows you to simultaneously view and engage with two or three apps on the screen, allowing you to drag and drop text, photos, links, and even files from one app to another.
How to Use Multitasking on iPad
How to Upgrade iPad
- Go to Settings.
- General >> Software Update.
- Download and install the latest update.
Types of multitasking on iPad
- Split View: Two apps appear side by side in Split View. By using the slider that appears between the programs, you can resize them.
- Slide Over: One app appears in a smaller floating window that you may drag to the left or right of your screen with Slide Over.
- Center window: Some apps allow you to focus on a single object, such as an email or a note, by opening a center window.
How to use the Multitasking menu to open multiple iPad apps
- Open an app.
- Tap the Multitasking button at the top of the screen.
- Tap the Split View button or the Slide Over button.
- The current app moves aside and your Home Screen appears.
- Tap a second app on your Home Screen.
- If you chose Split View, the second app appears side-by-side with the current app.
- If you chose Slide Over, the second app opens full-screen and the current app moves to a smaller window that you can move to the right or left side of your screen.
How to open a center window on iPad
- Open an app that supports the center window, such as Mail or Notes.
- Touch and hold an individual email, note.
- Tap Open in New Window in the menu that appears.
- To close the center window, tap Done or Close.