Whether you’re running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows makes a pretty big difference. Running a 64-bit version of Windows means having better security and the ability to use more memory in your system.
How to Check if Your Computer Is 64 Bit In Mac OS X
- Launch Terminal app.
- At prompt, type uname -a.
- The terminal will display two lines of text.
- At the end of the 2nd line, you’ll find something like either.
- RELEASE_I386 i386 ; the latest i386 means that you’re running 32bits kernel.
- RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64 ; the latest x86_64 means that you’re running 64bits kernel.