Connecting two monitors to your computer can allow you to view and work on several different applications or programs at the same time.
How to Connect Two Monitors in Windows 8
- Examine your computer to locate an available DVI, VGA, or HDMI video port.
- Plug in the matching cable from your second monitor into the available port.
- Wait for Windows 8 to automatically detect and install the second monitor.
- Swipe in from the right side of your screen, then tap on Devices.
- Click on Project.
- Select a viewing option based on your preferences as a user.
- If you want the same images displayed on both monitors, select Duplicate.
- If you want to open multiple programs and view everything spread across both monitors, select Extend.
- Save your preferences.