Recording phone calls is a bit of a grey area. We strongly advise against recording a phone call without permission. If you are recording a phone call, always let the person on the other end of the line know that you are doing so. You wouldn’t record a video without permission, and the same basic principles apply to record phone calls. There are several cases, such as telephonic interviews, when recording a phone call can be very useful. It could even be to record a recipe that someone narrates over the phone or a set of instructions that you know you’ll forget. As long as the other person is fine with you recording the call, you’re good to go.
How to Record iPhone Calls for Free
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices.
- Enable Allow Calls on Other Devices.
- Below this, under Allow Calls On, tap the switch next to your Mac so that it turns green and is enabled.
- Now make sure that your iPhone and Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Sign in to the same iCloud account on both devices.
- Sign in to FaceTime using the same iCloud account on both devices.
- Ensure that your iPhone is near the Mac and both devices have Bluetooth switched on.
- Now when you receive a call on the iPhone, you’ll see a notification on the Mac and you can answer the call on the laptop or desktop.
- Similarly, you can even make phone calls from the Mac.