Connecting two computers directly to each other allows you to transfer files faster than any other method, and can also let you share one computer’s internet connection with the other.
How to Share an Internet Connection in Windows
- Connect the two computers using an Ethernet cable.
- Click the Start menu on the Windows computer that has internet access.
- Type ncpa.cpl.
- Press Enter.
- Right-click on the connection you use to get the internet.
- Select Properties.
- Click the Sharing tab.
- Check the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection box.
- Click OK.
- Browse the internet on the second computer.
- Once internet connection sharing has been activated on the first computer, the second computer should immediately have access to the internet.