WhatsApp Messenger is a freeware and cross-platform messaging and Voice over IP service owned by Facebook. The application allows the sending of text messages and voice calls, as well as video calls, images and other media, documents, and user location. The application runs from a mobile device though it is also accessible from desktop computers. The service requires consumer users to provide a standard cellular mobile number. Originally users could only communicate with other users individually or in groups of individual users. Whatsapp status feature is quite similar to Instagram and Snapchat stories. Users can now upload pictures and videos as their status. These disappear after 24 hours.
How to Add Photos, Videos, and GIFs to Your Whatsapp Status
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap on Status.
- Tap on My Status.
- If you’ve already got a status, tap the little circle with a + sign on the top right.
- Take a photo by pressing the shutter button, or hold the button for a video. Or select one from the camera roll at the bottom of the screen.
- Add a caption if you want by tapping on Add a caption.
- Then tap on the Send icon at the bottom right.
- You can tap on it to view, or press the menu button on the right side to check how many people have seen the update, or to forward it.
- Tap on the eye icon to see the names of the people.
- The WhatsApp status will disappear in 24 hours.