There are several reasons why you might want to block certain websites on your computer. Some websites could be spreading viruses, contain explicit content or even be trying to steal your personal data. While you may well be more than capable of avoiding these websites, but that doesn’t stand true for every one who uses your device. In such cases, it might be best to block certain websites. Apple has some handy parental control tools that let you block certain websites.
How to Block Any Website On Your Android Phone Using ES File Explorer
- Install ES File Explorer.
- Open ES File Explorer.
- Tap the menu button at the top left. Tap on Local > Device > system > etc.
- In this folder, you’ll see the file named hosts – tap it and in the pop up menu, tap text.
- In the next pop up, tap ES Note Editor.
- Tap the edit button in the top bar.
- Now, you’re editing the file, and to block sites, you want to redirect their DNS. To do this, just start a new line, and type 127.0.0.1 www.blockedwebsite.com for each website you want to block.
- Reboot your Android device.