Connecting two monitors to your computer can allow you to view and work on several different applications or programs at the same time.
How to Connect Two Monitors in Windows Vista
- Examine your computer to locate an available DVI, VGA, or HDMI video port.
- Plug in the matching cable from the second monitor into the available port.
- Wait for your computer to automatically detect and install the second monitor.
- The New Display Detected dialog box will open and display on-screen.
- Select your preferred display option for the second monitor.
- If you want your desktop area increased, select Extended.
- If you want both monitors to display the same data, select Mirrored.
- Click OK.