Amazon.com, Inc., doing business like Amazon, is an American electronic commerce and cloud computing company based in Seattle, Washington that was founded by Jeff Bezos on July 5, 1994. The tech giant is the largest Internet retailer in the world as measured by revenue and market capitalization, and second largest after Alibaba Group in terms of total sales. The amazon.com website started as an online bookstore and later diversified to sell video downloads/streaming, MP3 downloads/streaming, audiobook downloads/streaming, software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, toys, and jewelry. If the clothes you bought do not fit, or if you get an old, damaged copy of a book, you can return the product without even calling customer care to get this done. Amazon has a really simple interface for returns and scheduling a pickup.
How to Return Items Purchased on Amazon
- Go to your Amazon orders page.
- Each order will be in a box. Scroll down to the order you want to return.
- Click the Return items button on the right side.
- Click the checkmark next to each product you want to return.
- On the right side of the products, you want to return, select a reason for return from the drop-down menu.
- Briefly explain the problem in the box that appears below the drop-down menu. This box will appear once you select a reason for return.
- Click Continue.
- In the next page, Amazon will offer a way to resolve the problem. In most cases, there will just be one option selected by default – Refund. Click Continue.
- The next page is where you schedule a pickup. Select a pickup date from the drop-down menu.
- Your delivery address will be displayed by default. If you want to schedule a pickup at another address, click Change address.
- When you’re ready to complete the return process, click Submit. Amazon will send someone to pick up the goods you want to return. They’ll give you a return receipt. Keep that safe until the refund is credited to your account.
Also Read: How to Become an Amazon Prime Member