Connecting two computers directly to each other allows you to transfer files faster than any other method, and can also let you share one computer’s internet connection with the other.
How to Share an Internet Connection in Mac OS X
- Connect the two computers using an Ethernet cable.
- Click the Apple menu on your Mac that has internet access.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Sharing from the System Preferences menu.
- Click the Internet Sharing option in the left frame.
- Do not check the box yet.
- Select your Mac’s internet connection from the drop-down menu.
- If you are connecting two computer’s via Ethernet, you’ll usually be sharing your Wi-Fi connection (Older Macs will display Airport instead of Wi-Fi).
- Check the Ethernet option in the To computers using list.
- Check the Internet Sharing box.
- Click Start.
- Browse the internet on the second computer.
- Once internet connection sharing has been activated on the first computer, the second computer should immediately have access to the internet.
Also Read: How To Share Files Between Two Macs