People who are not on your Facebook friends list will only be able to access a limited version of your profile if you lock it. Only friends with a locked profile will see photographs and posts on the timeline, as well as the profile picture and cover photo, stories, and new posts.
Additionally, your Public posts will no longer be public and will only be viewable to friends. You can lock your Facebook profile from the mobile app or your browser; however, the desktop edition of Facebook does not have this feature. We talking about locking facebook profiles via Mobile App and Desktop.
How to Lock Facebook Profile via Mobile App or Desktop
How to Lock Facebook Profile via Mobile App
- Open the Facebook app
- Tap on your profile
- Tap the three-dot menu icon next to Add to Story.
- Tap on the Lock Profile option.
- The next page will provide you with a quick overview of how it works, with a Lock Your Profile option at the bottom.
- Tap on it
- See a pop-up that says You Locked Your Profile.
- Tap on OK
How to Lock Facebook Profile via Desktop
- Open an internet browser.
- Login to https://m.facebook.com/
- This will look like the mobile version of Facebook on your desktop browser.
- Tap on your profile.
- See a three-dot menu next to the Edit Profile option.
- In the three-dot menu, you should see the Lock Profile option, click on it.
- Look like the mobile version, this next page will show you how locking works, with an option to Lock Your Profile at the bottom. Click on it
- Your profile is now locked.