You can create a mobile hotspot on your computer that you can connect your mobile devices. Your devices will then share the computer’s internet connection. This is great for hotels and other places that only provide a single login for Wi-Fi.
How to Connect PC Internet to Mobile via Wifi in a Mac
- Ensure that your Mac is connected to your network via Ethernet.
- Click the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Sharing from the System Preferences menu.
- Highlight Internet Sharing, but don’t check the box next to it yet.
- Select Ethernet from the Share your connection from: menu.
- Check Wi-Fi in the To computers using: list.
- Click the Wi-Fi Options button.
- Create a name for your network.
- Enter a name for the network in the Network Name field.
- Create a password.
- Enter a password that will be used to protect the network.
- Check the box next to Internet Sharing.
- Click Start to confirm that you want to enable sharing.
- Connect your mobile device to the new network.
- In Android: Open the Settings app and tap Wi-Fi. Tap your newly-created network in the list of available networks, then enter the password you made when prompted.
- In iOS: Open the Settings app on your Home screen. Tap Wi-Fi and then find your new network in the Choose a Network list. Tap it and then enter the password when prompted.
- Test out your connection.