WhatsApp is without a doubt the most popular messaging app on the internet. It’s no surprise that the term “WhatsApping” has become synonymous with chatting itself, given that most of us use it as our primary messaging tool. However, being able to text everyone on the same platform has the unintended consequence of a congested chat interface.
WhatsApp now allows you to archive chats in order to permanently hide them, even if new messages are added to the conversation. This Facebook-owned messaging service’s functionality is a wonderful method to turn off undesired conversations and prevent them from showing up in your main chat list. Users can utilize the Archive folder to ignore a group or person without having to block them.
How to Hide Whatsapp Chats Permanently
- Open WhatsApp app.
- Select the chat that you want to archive.
- It can be a group or an individual chat.
- Three options will appear on top. Pin, Mute, and Archive (downward arrow facing icon).
- Click on the Archive button.
- The Archived section will show up on the top of your chat feed.
- You can go into the section and see your hidden chats at any time.
- Users can easily unarchive the chat by selecting the chat and clicking on the Unarchive option (upward arrow facing icon) on top.
- If you want to archive all chats, In android, go to WhatsApp Settings >> Chats >> Chat History >> Archive all chats.
- In iPhone, Go to WhatsApp Settings >> Chats >> Archive all chats.
Also Read: How to Delete Facebook Account