The most crucial document necessary by everyone who wishes to drive his vehicle freely on the highways is his or her driver’s licence, which grants the bearer the authorization and right to do so. The driving licence is valid for 20 years in all Indian states and union territories, or until the holder reaches the age of 50. Now you can easily renew your licence online.
You no longer need to go to the RTO office to renew your driver’s licence. The Indian government now allows you to renew your driver’s licence online through a portal that provides all driving license-related services, from applying for a new learner’s licence to renewing your present licence. There is also an Aadhar eKYC that allows you to save time when filling out the form’s details.
How to renew your driving license online
- Go to the official website of the Parivahan board https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/.
- Click on More button below Drivers/ Learners License.
- Select the State from where the service is to be taken.
- You will now be redirected to a new page.
- Click on Apply for DL Renewal.
- You will receive instructions on how to fill in your application form.
- Read them thoroughly before proceeding. Click Continue when you’re done.
- Enter your birth date and current license number, pincode, and other details.
- You will now come across Required Services which will display only those services which are applicable to your existing driving license.
- You must select Renewal from the given options.
- You will be required to fill in any other relevant personal and/or vehicle-related details given in the form.
- Upload your photo and signature.(Remember, this feature is only available for certain states.)
- Book a slot for your test if there are changes in your medical certificate.
- Once you follow all these steps, you will be redirected to an Acknowledgement page where you will be able to view your application ID (It is recommended that you print it).
- You will also receive an SMS on your registered mobile number with all the details.
- The amount payable for renewing the Driving License is ₹200.
- Make the payment via net banking/debit or credit card.
Also Read: How To Order PVC Aadhaar Card Online