From March 1 onwards, the world’s largest Covid-19 vaccination drive for age-appropriate population groups will enter its second phase. Registration will begin at 9 a.m., and people will be able to register and schedule a vaccine appointment using the Co-WIN portal at any time and from any place. On the websites of the Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and the National Health Authority, a user guide for citizen registration and vaccination appointments has also been released (NHA).
How to register for Covid-19 vaccine
- Log on to www.cowin.gov.in.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Get an OTP to create your account.
- Enter the OTP and click on the Verify button.
- You will be directed to the registration of the vaccination’ page.
- On this page, there will be an option to choose one photo ID proof.
- Fill in your name, age, gender and upload an identity document.
- The page will ask you if you have any comorbidities, which can be answered by simply clicking on ‘yes’, ‘no’.
- If 45+, upload doctor’s certificate as comorbidity proof.
- Once the details are entered for registration, Click on the Register button.
- Once the registration is completed; the system will show the Account Details.
- A citizen can further add three more people linked with this mobile number by clicking on the Add More button.
- There will be a button indicating a Schedule appointment.
- Now click on it.
- Search a vaccination center of choice by state, district, block, and pin code.
- Date and availability will also be displayed.
- Click on the book button.
- On successful completion of booking, you will receive a message.
- That confirmation details will have to be shown at the vaccination center.
- Once the Appointment is fixed, it can be rescheduled at any later stage but before the vaccination appointment day.
- For this, re-login to the Citizen Registration module; with your already registered mobile number.
- After the first dose, the booking of the second dose will be done automatically.
Also Read: How to Book an Uber Cab Without the App