Gmail is a Google-provided free email service. It had 1.5 billion active users worldwide as of 2019. In April 2019, Google announced that Gmail would enable email scheduling natively, and the feature became to live a month later on desktop and mobile.
The scheduling feature in Gmail allows users to avoid sending emails late at night or on weekends, causing their bosses to be disturbed. You can use this to tell Gmail to send an email at a specific time. People who have been working from home for more than a year may find it difficult to keep track of time during the day, and this function helps in keeping emails on track.
How to Schedule an Email in Gmail
How to Schedule an Email in Gmail on Desktop
- Open Browser.
- Login to gmail.com.
- Compose a new email
- Click the triangle next to the blue Send button
- Tap on Schedule send.
- Select one of the suggested times, or click Pick date & time to customize schedule time.
- Click Schedule send.
How to Schedule an Email in Gmail App on Smartphones
- Open the Gmail app on your phone.
- Compose an email.
- Click on the three vertical dots.
- Tap on schedule send.
- Choose a time and date for the mail to be delivered and it will be scheduled.