The advantage of booking a cab through the Maps app is that you can see the prices for both Uber and Ola at the same time – and what’s more, you can see fare estimates for all classes of cars, so you can see the price for an UberGo, UberX, or UberXL, or for an Ola Micro, Mini, or Prime, all at the same time. In the case of Uber, you can directly book the cab through Google Maps without even needing to have Uber app installed on your phone, while with Ola after you’ve decided to call the taxi, you have to tap the Open App button to book an Ola cab.
How to Book an Ola or Uber Using Google Maps
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Using the search bar, enter your destination.
- Tap the car icon navigate button.
- Tap on the taxi tab – the one that looks like a person holding one hand up.
- To look at Ola and Uber fares, tap on the respective icons.
- To book an Uber, tap on the class of car you want, then tap on Request.
- The first time you do this, it will pop up a window where you have to link Uber to your Google account. Tap on your preferred account, and then tap on Link.
- In the next screen, it will again show you the fare estimate. To complete the booking, tap Book.
- To call an Ola instead, go to the Ola tab, choose the class you want, and then tap on Open app.
- Assuming that you have Ola installed on your phone, this will open the Ola app, with the pickup and drop location already entered as it was on Google Maps.