We’ll show you how to change your phone number on WhatsApp without deleting your conversations. For most smartphone users, the instant messaging platform is one of the most frequently used apps. Many individuals use it to send messages as well as make voice and video conversations. WhatsApp is a go-to app for smartphone consumers because of these qualities.
However, because WhatsApp is linked to your phone number, you must update your account whenever your phone number changes. It’s also possible for normal WhatsApp users to change their phone numbers without losing their chat history.
How to Change Whatsapp Number Without Losing Existing Chats
- Open WhatsApp app.
- For iPhone users, go to Settings.
- For Android users, tap the three-dots menu from the top-right corner of the screen and go to Settings.
- Tap on the Account option and then hit Change Number.
- You’ll now see a screen asking you to confirm whether you’re able to receive SMS or phone calls on your new number.
- If you’ve confirmed, press the Next button.
- Enter your old and new numbers.
- Tap Next to move to the final stage of changing your WhatsApp number.
- WhatsApp will now ask you whether you want your contacts to be notified about your new number.
- You can choose from All contacts, Contacts I have chat with, or custom numbers – who will be informed about the change.
- The app will, however, automatically notify groups about the changing of your WhatsApp number.
- Now, tap Done.
- Enter OTP and click Verify.
Also Read: How to Check PAN Card is Fake or Real