eSIM is a global specification by the GSMA which enables remote SIM provisioning of any mobile device. eSIM now allows consumers to store multiple operator profiles on a device simultaneously. Switch between them remotely, though only one can be used at a time. Manufacturers and operators can now enable consumers to select the operator of their choice. Then securely download that operator’s SIM application to any device.
How to activate eSIM
- First, you require a Phone or a SmartWatch have an eSIM feature.
- Contact your wireless carrier that supports eSIM customer care.
- You will get a QR code from your wireless carrier that supports eSIM.
- Scan the QR code by your Phone or SmartWatch.
- Automatically eSIM will be activated.