The longer you use a computer without performing some basic maintenance, the more sluggish it will become. If you’ve noticed a significant decrease in your computer’s speed lately, there are several things you can do. If you have an adware infection, there are programs designed to scan for and remove these threats.
How to Optimize your Mac Performance
- Install the latest available updates.
- Open the Mac App Store.
- Click the Updates tab at the top of the window.
- Free up space on your hard drive.
- Uninstall old programs by dragging them from the Applications folder to the Trash.
- Check your Downloads and Documents folders to see if there are any old files that you can delete.
- Programs like CleanMyMac3, Disk Inventory X, and DaisyDisk can find and remove tons of old junk files from your computer.
- Use Monolingual to remove unused language files.
- You can get it for free from monolingual.sourceforge.net/.
- Remove excess icons from your desktop.
- Clean up your startup sequence.
- Click the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select the Users & Groups option.
- Select Login Items.
- Select an app that you want to prevent from loading at startup.
- Click the – button.
- Click the padlock.
- Enter your admin password first.
- Check your hard disk with Disk Utility.
- Launch Disk Utility from the Utilities folder in the Applications folder.
- Select your hard drive in the left frame.
- Click the First Aid tab.
- Click Verify Disk.
- The scan will begin, which may take a while to complete.
- Click the Repair Disk button.
- If the scan reports any errors.
Also Read: How to Remove Adware and Cleaning Safari from Mac
How to Create a Chrome Extension for Your Website
How to Block Pop-Ups in Firefox on Computer
How to Create Barcodes in Excel
How to Share an Internet Connection in Mac OS X
How to Clean up a Computer and Fix Problems by Basic Troubleshooting
How to share files between Windows and Mac OS X
How to Optimize Your Windows Computer
How to change the shutdown button in Windows 7
How to Remove Adware and Cleaning Browsers from Windows
How to Get Started With Files App on iOS 11
How to Share an Internet Connection in Windows
How To Share Files Between Two Macs