A barcode is an optical, machine-readable, representation of data; the data usually describes something about the object that carries the barcode. Originally barcodes systematically represented data by varying the widths and spacings of parallel lines and may be referred to as linear or one-dimensional (1D). Later two-dimensional (2D) codes were developed, using rectangles, dots, hexagons and other geometric patterns in two dimensions, usually called barcodes although they do not use bars as such. Barcodes were initially scanned by special optical scanners called barcode readers. Later application software became available for devices that could read images, such as smartphones with cameras. Barcodes are geometric patterns, usually vertical lines, which are used to scan and track property or goods. Barcodes can be used to keep track of retail inventory, or they can be used privately to code and track collections or goods.
How to Create a Barcodes Online
- Request an ISBN identification number for your product or company.
- The ISBN number can be requested at ISBN.org. You can request a single ISBN, a publisher block of ISBN numbers or extra publisher ISBN numbers at this site. You will request the ISBN from an organization called Bowker by verifying your business. They will send you the file and you can place the barcode on the back of the book or DVDs packaging.
- Go to createbarcodes.com to generate a barcode online.
- If you are creating barcodes for private use, such as collection cataloging, then decide on a letter or number plan to list your collection. Assign a name or number series to each product and type each series into the BarcodesInc website to generate private barcodes.
- Use the barcode by placing the image on a cover design for your product.
- Print it and tape or glue it onto your inventory items for personal use.
Also Read: How to Create Barcodes in Excel
How to Watch FIFA World Cup 2018 Live Online and Offline Anywhere in the World
How to Link PAN Card With Aadhaar Card Online