Getting on an app’s beta version means access to upcoming features sooner than everyone else, but it could also spell trouble, as these versions of apps aren’t necessarily stable. Crashes and lost data are both possibilities when using a beta. That said, WhatsApp beta users to get early access to features well before the others.
How to Download WhatsApp Beta on iPhone
- Uninstall WhatsApp on your iPhone, if you have it. Make sure you backup your WhatsApp data before you proceed, otherwise you will end up losing it completely.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer – Windows/ macOS – and launch iTunes on the computer.
- Make sure you tell the phone to the trust the computer when prompted.
- Verify that the phone is showing up in iTunes, and then quit iTunes. Keep your iPhone plugged in.
- Download the WhatsApp beta from this link.
- Download and launch Cydia Impactor.
- Drag the WhatsApp IPA file from step 5 to the tiny Cydia Impactor window.
- You will be prompted to enter an Apple ID followed by the password. Use your existing one, or create a new one. We recommend the latter, just to be safe.
- Cydia Impactor will then install the WhatsApp beta file on your iPhone.
- If you try to launch the WhatsApp app beta on your phone right now, you will get an error message.
- To fix the error, go to your iPhone’s Settings > General > Device Management.
- Tap Trust <your_Apple_ID> where your_Apple_ID will be the account you used in step 8.
- Go back and launch WhatsApp.
Also Read: How to Download WhatsApp Beta on Android