WhatsApp Messenger, or simply WhatsApp, is a Facebook, Inc.-owned American freeware, cross-platform messaging and voice over IP service. Users can send text messages and voice messages, make voice and video calls, and share photos, documents, locations of users, and other media. The payment function on the platform was eventually launched by WhatsApp. The functionality effectively allows users to transfer money via chats in the app to other users. As of now, in India, the function has only been rolled out to 20 million users, while the world has over 400 million WhatsApp users.
How to transfer money via WhatsApp Payments
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap on the contact you would like to send the money to.
- Tap on the attach button in the chat.
- Choose a payment option.
- Now users will be required to enter the amount they would like to send across.
- Verify your payment with the correct UPI pin.
- After entering the pin, your payment will be processed.
- Now you will be redirected to your WhatsApp chat.