WhatsApp groups are a very popular feature from around the world to keep in touch with friends and family. To make things easy WhatsApp used to allow anyone to add someone to a WhatsApp group earlier, however, as long as they had the contact number of the other individual. This had culminated in the massive issue of introducing random people to random WhatsApp groups. WhatsApp decided to fix the issue after a lot of user feedback by providing privacy settings to prevent users from adding others to WhatsApp groups randomly. New group privacy settings can be found on both Android and iPhone on WhatsApp. It’s version 2.19.308 for Android and version 2.19.112 for iPhone. You can update both the Google Play Store for Android and the iPhone App Store by going to the respective WhatsApp pages.
How to stop people from adding you to WhatsApp Groups
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap Settings > Account > Privacy.
- Now tap Groups and select one of the three given options – Everyone, My Contacts, or My Contacts Except…
- If you select Everyone, anyone can add you to groups.
- Selecting My Contacts only allows your contacts to add you to WhatsApp groups.
- The third option My Contacts Except lets you allow only selected people to add you to WhatsApp groups.