Apple has introduced some new gestures for text editing in iOS 13 that are designed to make your life even easier. Choosing some text to copy and paste elsewhere can be a bit cumbersome in previous versions of iOS, but in the latest version of iOS 13 it has become much more streamlined. iOS 13 makes text manipulation of the iPhone much simpler. The first change allows you to tap and hold on the cursor to pick it up and move it around.
How to Use Text Editing Gestures on iOS
- Make sure you’re in text editing mode in any app.
- Double tap anywhere on the lines containing that information to quickly select it.
- To copy, pinch in with three fingers until the Copy icon at the top of the screen flashes.
- To cut, perform the copy gesture twice until the text disappears because it has been Cut and stored on your clipboard.
- To paste, pinch out with three fingers until it the Paste button at the top of the screen flashes and your text is pasted in.
- To undo, perform a three finger swipe to the left.
- To redo, perform a three finger swipe to the right.
Also Read: How to Automatically Close Inactive Safari Tabs on iOS
How to Backup Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch via iTunes
How to Record iPhone Calls for Free