In case you’ve misplaced your Aadhaar card, don’t panic because you can easily download a fresh copy. It needs you to know your Aadhaar number, but you can easily look that up online. So whether you’ve misplaced your card and need a new one, or just wanted to get a digital copy of the card to submit with a form online, the official website has you covered. To download a copy of the Aadhaar card, you need to know your UID number or your Enrolment ID. If you’ve gotten your Aadhaar already, then it’s generally a good idea to note down the number somewhere.
How to Download a Copy of Your Aadhaar Card
- Head to the e-Aadhaar page on the UIDAI website.
- Select Aadhaar next to I have.
- Enter your Aadhaar number, full name and the PIN code of your residential address.
- Key in the characters in the image in the field Enter above Image Text.
- Click Get One Time Password.
- This one-time password will be sent to your phone number if you click Confirm in the pop-up. Alternatively, you may click Cancel and have it sent to your email address.
- Enter the password you received into the form next to Enter OTP.
- Click Validate & Download.
- Aadhaar card downloaded in a password-protected PDF file.
- The password is the simply the PIN code of your residential address.
Also Read: How to Lock Aadhaar Biometric Data Online