When you get an Aadhaar card, you also give the government your fingerprint and retinal scan data. This is called biometric data. Your biometric data can be used for Aadhaar verification. When you submit an Aadhaar card as a proof of identity to get a SIM card, you can use your fingerprint to allow the telecom company to access your identity information. By doing this, it can quickly authenticate the ID, speeding up things like KYC verification.
How to Lock Aadhaar Biometric Data Online
- Open the UIDAI website.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Enter the security code that shows up on the image below your Aadhaar number.
- Click Generate OTP.
- A one-time password will be sent via an SMS to your registered phone number.
- Enter the OTP on the same page.
- Click Verify.
- Now check Enable biometric locking.
- Next, click Enable after checking Enable biometric locking.
- If you want to disable the lock, uncheck Enable biometric locking.
- Then,click Disable.